Histria was an important center of culture, commerce, and civilization in the ancient world, located on the Black Sea coast, near the mouth of the Danube. Histria Books continues the legacy of its namesake, publishing general interest books, fiction and literature, and children’s books, as well as scholarly books in broad range of categories. Originally established in 1997 as an academic publishing house, Histria Books is now an independent publishing house with offices in Las Vegas and Palm Beach. Its imprints include:
- Vita Histria – an imprint dedicated to academic books on a wide-range of subjects;
- Gaudium – an imprint dedicated to books on contemporary lifestyle, culture, sports, and politics, as well as biography and autobiography;
- Center for Romanian Studies – books on the history and culture of Romania;
- Addison & Highsmith – an imprint dedicated to works of adult fiction, including historical fiction, science fiction, detective novels, and other categories of fiction.
- Histria Kids – an imprint dedicated to books for children and young adults.
Titles published by Histria Books are distributed worldwide through Ingram Lightning Source Wholesale Distribution. Books published under the imprints of Histria Books may be purchased at all major book retailers, as well as directly at HistriaBooks.com.
Histria Books is a member of the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA)
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.